These are the some of the Baseball batting tips that I’ve read in some articles. I have collected some important points and now sharing here.
Fundamentals of Batting:
- Select a bat you can handle. Have a quick bat.
- Learn the strike zone - don't swing at bad pitches. Look for a good pitch to hit.
- Try to spread your feet a little wider than shoulder width for balance. Turn your head so that both eyes are on the pitcher - don't look around your nose. Stay on the balls of your feet - keep off your heels. Keep your head still.
- Stay inside of the ball so you can hit the ball to all fields.
- In order to get the bat started, move your hands back slightly as the pitcher is getting ready to release the ball. If you like the pitch, go ahead and hit it. If you don't like the pitch, then hold up your swing.
- Take a short step and stride - a long stride will only throw you off balance.
- Stay on top of the ball. A slight downward swing allows this and is a good way to keep from upper-cutting. Keeping the front shoulder in and down also allows a hitter to get the bat head out in front and prevents dropping the back shoulder.
- Learn to hit your strength. Every hitter has strength just as every hitter has a weakness. Hit your pitch. When you get it, don't let it get away. Concentrate on solid, hard contact.
The Hitting Philosophy
- Be patient and selective.
- Try to avoid the temptation to be overly aggressive and simply focus on putting the ball in play.
- Try to use the entire playing field.
- Do not be afraid to wait on the ball.
- Approach the plate with a plan in mind. Think thoroughly about what you are trying to do, but try not to force anything.